Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Creative Process

The creative process

I would like to write about the creative process from two different points of view. The first one is from the point of view of an emerging artist that is working on abstract oil paintings and is also making wire sculptures with mesh and fabric. As an artist I am curious about the process that takes place while I am developing work. I want to document the process in pictures, describe it and show how it develops. The second point of view is related to my profession as a psychoanalyst and the contribution of psychoanalysis to the understanding of creativity. Here I can share my impressions, psychological analysis of my art work and intrapsychic observations.



VINE                   wire and mesh sculpture                           2014

This is how this work started. I was taking a class on Sculpture with ordinary materials, I decided to work with wire and mesh. The wire could be shaped and the mesh was helpful to cover it. Here are some pictures of the beginning.




After several units were tied together to an axis, I continue to work adding more pieces  at a vertical position. Soon people started to comment that it looked like flowers or butterflies. Although I did not intent to create these images, I did accept that it looked like a plant and eventually like a vine. Plants and flowers have been in my mind since childhood.

www.mariaboulan.com
               

No comments:

Post a Comment